I’ve made various modifications to my experimental boat build, mainly adding some fiberglass covered expanded polystyrene lumps to either underside of the hull, and cutting the top 20 cm of the boat off. More over on the main project page.
Here’s the second part of the video showing the arm mechanism in action, and detailing my next steps for attaching the bicep. You can see more pictures on the main project page.
I’ve added some new pictures of my Iron Man Arm mechanism fitted inside the Armour pieces. Video to follow shortly.
I’ve completed a print in silver ABS plastic for both sides of the forearm mechanics for my Iron Man Suit. I’ve also made the STL files available on the main project page, so you can print your own.
I’ve designed and printed the electronics mountings for Android 12, for which I’ve mainly taken the electronics from Android 11. This consists of a plastic cage and two side panels to mount the microcontroller and two Pololu Mini Maestro servo controllers. I started with some old Ni-Cd batteries for testing but they appear not to have aged well, so they have now been replaced with a pair of new Ni-Mhi batteries – they are wired in series to feed a 12-24 input voltage regulator, which produces 5v at its output to power the servos. More pictures on the Android 12 electronics page.
Here’s the latest video from me around my Iron Man latching/mounting/opening mechanism. More photos over on the main project page.
Here’s an update from me about my Iron Man Hands and Arms, and my plans for the arm strapping system/mechanical assembly. More over at the main project page as usual.
Here’s Part 6 of Android 12, explaining the hip assembly and showing the entire bottom half of the android in one piece. More pictures over on the main project page.
I’ve added photos of Android 12′s thigh parts to the main project page. There will be more details once I get both legs assembled and attached to the hips.